1. Read our blog – You probably already read our blogs if you’re reading this and virtually all our readers tell us it’s a great resource. Anyway, when we’re looking for an answer to a question, Scootarama is the first place you should look.
2. Check Newsletter Archives – Search different newsletter archives. We’ve been doing this for years now, and every issue has a feature article as well as lots of updates and news. To view the archives, visit the Newsletter Stand. If you haven’t subscribed, you can do so quickly at the same page — it’s free!
3. Call Disney – We do this frequently when we have a question we haven’t addressed on our blog. Here are some helpful phone numbers:
General Walt Disney World information – 407-824-4321
Dining at Walt Disney World – 407-939-3463
Tours at Walt Disney World – 407-939-8687
Orlando International Airport information – 407-825-2001
General Disneyland information – 714-781-7290
Dining at Disneyland – 714-781-3463
General Disney Cruise Line information – 888-325-2500
4. Search the Boards – Do a search on popular message boards — chances are very good someone else has asked the question already! To search the message board, click the Search link at the top of the board, type in one or two words that relate to your question, and click Search. For example, if I wanted to check on renovations at the Disney resort hotels, you could type “renovation” to get several hits. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, consider alternate words, for example “rehab” instead of “renovation.”
5. Ask Others – Post your question in a comment on one of our blogs. Our members and moderators enjoy answering questions, and most questions get several replies. To post your question, first locate the forum that it best fits into, click it, then click the Add New button, and type your question. Please keep in mind responses won’t be immediate — it may take hours or even days to get a reply, especially if your question is esoteric. We have no policies that require questions to be answered by our members or our volunteer Guides, but we all try our best! If your question hasn’t received a reply after a couple of days, feel free to return to it and reply with something like, “Still searching for the answer to this question — can anyone out there help me? Thanks so much!” Replying to your original question in this manner will force the topic to the top of the topic list in that forum and make it more visible to members.
6. Google It – Search for it on the Internet. We also recommend the Google search engine for excellent results.
7. Go Web Surfing – Visit specific Disney-related Web sites for information on your topic. AllEars.net is a particularly good repository of information which we recommend you check. You’ll find more use information at Disney World.
8. Check Other Forums – Search other message boards and discussion groups for information on your topic. Here are our recommendations:
9. Ask More People – Post your question on one or more of those same boards or groups we mention above. Different people have different experiences.
10. Ask Us – Send us an e-mail at email@example.com. We will do our best to answer you! We do received hundreds of e-mails a day, however, so we can’t promise anything. But we will try!
When you do find your answer, we encourage you to post it here in the message boards for others who follow to find. The more you contribute, the more you (and everyone else!) gets out of it.